Maintaining a safe and healthy work environment starts with ensuring that your heating, ventilating and air-conditioning systems are functioning properly and efficiently. These systems combined account for around 40% of the electricity used in commercial buildings, but can be significantly higher if they’re functioning improperly. Alliance Mechanical can help you improve heating and cooling performance and implement energy saving techniques to gain substantial energy savings.
Ways to Improve Energy Efficiency
- Consider implementing efforts to reduce heating and cooling load before selecting equipment
- Avoid over sizing equipment at all costs. Over sizing equipment increases the capital cost at the time of the installation and the costs of operation of the equipment
- When purchasing commercial heating and cooling equipment, select those units that are ENERGY STAR qualified
- Consider energy recovery ventilation systems to reclaim waste energy from the exhaust air stream and use it to condition the incoming fresh air
- Consider specifying economizers with demand control ventilation
- Install programmable thermostats to optimize energy savings
- For facilities that have heat-generating processes, consider heat recovery as a way to capture free waste heat and use it to offset facility heating and cooling costs
- For areas such as warehouses and garages, consider installing radiant heating. Radiant heating warms objects instead of the air and requires less fuel
Work with an Alliance Mechanical energy expert to upgrade your mechanical equipment. Call 802-864-4000.
Proactive Maintenance Saves Money and Reduces Energy Use.
A proactive maintenance program from Alliance Mechanical is the best way to optimize your HVAC equipment at a low overall cost.